We collect information, including personal data, to provide better services to all our Users. We use the term “Personal Data” to refer to any information that identifies or can be used to identify you. Common examples of Personal Data include: full name, email address, digital identity, such as a login name or handle, information about your device, and certain metadata.
When you use our Services, we collect Personal Data in the following ways:
In order to use the Services or access certain parts of the Site we may ask you to provide us with personal Data about yourself, including your name, organization name, phone number, and email address by completing forms on our website. In some instances, you may be asked to provide us with location and address information.Information We Obtain from Your Use of Our Services
We collect certain information automatically, such as your operating system version, browser type, and internet service provider. We also collect information about your interaction with the Services, such as creating or logging into your account, or opening or interacting with the Services on Your mobile device. When you use our Site, we automatically collect and store this information in service logs. This includes: details of how you used our Site; Internet protocol address; cookies that uniquely identify your browser, the referring web page and pages visited. We may also collect and process information about your actual location. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may or may not include personal Data, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.IntotheBlock Partners
We may partner with third parties that offer IntotheBlock Services to their employees and customers. In such cases, those third parties may provide us with your name, email address, or similar information.Cookies and Similar Technologies
We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit one of our services, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services from our partners, such as advertising services.
We use your Data in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or authorized by you, including for the following purposes:
- To present, operate or improve the Site and Services, including analysis of Site activity;
- To inform you about Services and products available from IntotheBlock;
- To authorize access to our Sites and Services;
- To provide, maintain, administer or expand the Services, performing business analyses, or for other internal purposes to support, improve or enhance our business, the Services, and other products and services we offer;
- To offer and administer programs;
- To customize or tailor your experience of the Services;
- To administer content, promotion, sweepstakes, surveys, voting polls or other Site features;
- To communicate about, and administer your participation in, special programs, surveys, contests, online campaigns, online programs, sweepstakes, and other offers or promotions, and to deliver pertinent emails;
- To improve our Site and Services;
- To secure our Services, including to authenticate Users;
- To use statistical information that we collect in any way permitted by law, including from third parties in connection with their commercial and marketing efforts;
- To respond to and support Users regarding their use of the Sites and Services;
- To comply with all applicable legal requirements;
- To perform data analysis and testing;
- To resolve disputes;
- To otherwise fulfill the purpose for which the information was provided.
We do not share personal data with companies, organizations and individuals outside of IntotheBlock unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent. We will share personal Data with companies, organizations or individuals outside of IntotheBlock when we have your consent to do so.
- Enterprise Accounts. Your employer or your organization may offer you access to our Services. We will share personal Data with your employer or organization. Your employer or organization can review and manage your use of such enterprise Services.
For Legal Reasons. We will share personal Data with companies, organizations or individuals outside of IntotheBlock if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of IntotheBlock, our Users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- Non-Personal and Aggregate Site Use Information. IntotheBlock may compile and share your information in aggregated form (i.e., in a manner that would not personally identify you) or in de-identified form so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual (“De-Identified Information”). We may disclose such De-Identified Information publicly and to third parties, or to IntotheBlock Partners under agreement with us.
Your provision of personal Data is required in order to use certain parts of our services and our programs. If you fail to provide such personal Data, you may not be able to access and use our Services and/or our programs, or parts of our Services and/or our programs.
We may retain your personal Data for a period of time consistent with the original purpose for collection. For example, we keep your personal Data for no longer than reasonably necessary for your use of our programs and Services and for a reasonable period of time afterward. We also may retain your personal Data during the period of time needed for us to pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Some data protection laws, including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), corresponding legislation in the United Kingdom, and some U.S. state laws, provide you with certain rights in connection with personal Data you have shared with us. If you are resident in the European Economic Area, you may have the following rights:
- The right of access. You have the right to request a copy of your Personal Data which we hold about you.
- The right of correction: You have the right to request correction or changes of your Personal Data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to be forgotten: You have the right to request us, at any time, to delete your Personal Data from our servers and to erase your Personal Data when it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data. Note, however, that deletion of your Personal Data will likely impact your ability to use our services.
- The right to object (opt-out): You have the right to opt-out of certain uses of your Personal Data at any time.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to a “portable” copy of your Personal Data that you have submitted to us. Generally, this means your right to request that we move, copy or transmit your Personal Data stored on our servers / IT environment to another service provider’s servers / IT environment.
- The right to refuse to be subjected to automated decision making, including profiling: You have the right not to be subject to a decision and insist on human intervention if the decision is based on automated processing and produces a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on you.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
In some cases our ability to uphold these rights for you may depend upon our obligations to process personal information for security, safety, fraud prevention reasons, compliance with regulatory or legal requirements, or because processing is necessary to deliver the services you have requested. Where this is the case, we will inform you of specific details in response to your request.
You may update or correct information about yourself by contacting us.
We currently provide the following opt-out opportunities:
- At any time, you can follow a link provided in offers, newsletters or other email messages (except for e-commerce confirmation or service notice emails) received from us or a IntotheBlock Partner to unsubscribe from the service.
IntotheBlock maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the User’s Personal Data and information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
The Site is not intended for use by children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data about visitors who are under the age of 16.
IntotheBlock does not track its users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your browser may include controls to block and delete cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, to allow you to opt out of data collection through those technologies.
California residents are entitled to contact us to request information about whether we have disclosed Personal Data to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Under the California “Shine the Light” law, California residents may opt-out of our disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may choose to opt-out of the sharing of your Personal Data with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by submitting a request to us. California users may request further information about our compliance with this law by contacting us.